Teleios is a leading technology company based in Trinidad & Tobago, which has been creating software to run the world for over 20 years. We are a leader in Cloud, mobile and automation services with regional and international customers spanning governments, energy, retail, finance and telecommunications industries.
At Teleios we believe in the value of the ‘whole Teleios person’ where every individual is valued beyond their technical or skills- based competence and ability. Our collaborative and team oriented environment fosters cross fertilization of ideas and drives our innovative approach to creating new software or planning the next movie lime.
If this sounds like some where you would like to be a part of, why not check us out.
Job title: Accounting Assistant
Description: We are looking for a full time Accounting Assistant to serve as the primary point of contact for Teleios customers and suppliers as it relates to payments. They will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The Accounting Assistant is responsible for ensuring the timely recording of all financial transactions and ensuring customer and supplier payments are within associated credit terms.
- Posting receipts to appropriate General Ledger accounts
- Monitor payments due from clients and promptly contact clients with past due payments
- Monitor payments due to supplier and ensure Teleios is within its supplier credit terms
- Reconciliation of Accounts Payables and Receivables accounts
- Research and resolve AP and AR discrepancies by investigating and obtaining information from sales, trade promotions, customer service and suppliers
- Researching, monitoring and applying unallocated payments received to customer accounts
- Preparing journals to transfer invoices, credit notes and payments among receivable accounts
- Generate cheques and other payment forms for expenses incurred on behalf of suppliers
- Applying over payments posted notes to receivable accounts to relevant invoices and debit entries
- Maintaining telephone and email contact with suppliers and customers on payables and receivable matters as directed by management
- Monitor monthly listing of accounts payables and receivable aging
- Support monthly preparation of financial and statutory reports
Education and Experience
- ACCA Level II qualifications or equivalent
- At least five (5) years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting software applications
- Experience working for a technical organization is highly desirable
- Maintain high standards for self, assuming responsibilities for achieving objectives
- Interact and collaborate with others consistent with the Teleios values and culture
- Develop and sustain appropriate relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to see beyond a task, and be innovative in addressing challenges
- Organizational skills
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Advanced Communication Skills – Oral, reading and writing
- Advanced Computer Skills – high level of comfort with technology and various types of software